10 Reasons to have an engagement shoot with your photographer.
There are so many benefits to having an engagement shoot. I personally love doing them as it means I get to shoot in lots of different locations that are either special to the couple or just provide a lovely backdrop. I also love getting to know my couples and hearing more about the proposal and how they met. A lot of couples don’t realise just how good it can be to have a photo session with their photographer before the wedding, so I wanted to educate with my top 10 reasons to have an engagement shoot.
- It’s a great way for you to break the ice with your photographer and to get to know each other. By building a great relationship before the wedding, it will mean that you feel extra comfortable on the big day.
- It’s a chance to get used to having your photos taken which is the perfect practice run for the big day!(especially for those who don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera)
- You get to find out what shots work best for you as a couple. As most people have never had professional photos before, you don’t know which types of photos you’re going to like or what angles suit you best so an engagement shoot is a great way to find out.
- Engagement shoots encapsulate the connection between you as a couple and your love for each other.
- You get beautiful photos of you both to cherish. These photos can be used to fill the walls around your home, decorate your wedding venue, signing board or guest book, photo slideshow, profile pics on social media etc.
- There are no time restrictions or timeline so it is nice and replaced and all about you. On your wedding day timelines dictate where you have to be and when and the time really does fly by and will be over in the blink of an eye.
- It’s a chance for you to just zone out, be together and enjoy each other’s company.
- Engagement shoots are fun! You can be as silly as you like and just have a laugh together.
- It makes it easier to know what to expect on the big day and couples that have an engagement shoot are generally more relaxed and fully trust that the photographer will produce amazing images.
- Being engaged is a milestone worth celebrating on its own!
So there you have it… My top 10 Reasons to have an engagement shoot.
I hope you ave found this post helpful and it has given you an insight as to why engagement shoots are such a great idea. I also wrote a blog post with 5 tips for engagement shoots a few years ago, which you can check out here.
If you haven’t yet got engaged and are looking for a beautiful bespoke engagement ring, or if you’re looking for your wedding rings then I can highly recommend The Ring Studio in Southampton, who made mine and my husband’s wedding rings and they were also competitively priced which is a bonus!